Friday, August 26, 2011

Frozen Hat


If I had no responsibilities to myself or others, I'd do all of my summer running early in the morning, during the coolest part of the day. Since sleeping at my desk is not an option, though, it's better that I get that extra hour or two of sleep before going into work. Running, therefore, is relegated to immediately after work, during the hot part of the day.

One of my heat-beating schemes is shown above. It works great for the first 10 minutes or so, which is a lot better than not at all.

3 comments:

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
discourse said...

Oops, I was signed in under Joe.

I knew runners in Nevada who put shorts and t-shirt in the freezer. Good idea! Hope to get back to running someday and will have to remember this...it's so bloody hot here for so long.

David T said...

Ha! Cindy and I do that with each other's Facebook accounts!

Ah - nice tip on freezing the other clothes as well. Best of luck when you get back out there!