Friday, February 09, 2024

Writing Prompt #4

 

After years mostly dormant, I am attempting to work myself into being a writer again. To that end, I did a simple Google search for "writing prompts" and chose the first link listed, which included a total of 20 prompts. My goal is to write from a new prompt each day, giving myself 10 minutes before calling "hands up, utensils down" (so to speak), and then posting the unedited result in this blog. The post below is today's entry.

 

"What color do you feel like today and why?"


I am a steely bluish grey today, a product of the weather, perhaps, but not just the weather. When I opened the front door this morning, I saw a rain-washed street and sidewalk, evoking the colors of a school blacktop and backyard concrete basketball patio, respectively. No rain was falling, though, so I could see the houses, trees, light poles, and cars clearly, not needing to squint from a too bright sky.

 

My eyes are clear this morning. I drank no beer yesterday, so I slept soundly and am alert after just one cup of coffee. Even without a full-time job commitment, I have goals for the morning and afternoon, tasks that will help me as I move forward in self-employment and exercise that will keep me even emotionally. I face the coming day with neither bliss nor despair, but determination and peace. A sober grey backlights my workstation as I glance beyond my computer’s monitor through the window.

No comments: