Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Nice Surprise


After searching (unsuccessfully) for a 6-pack of Schlafly Dry Hopped APA, I was still in the mood for a pale ale of the citrusy variety to accompany last night's band practice. Since the price of Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA runs in the double digits at my neighborhood Schnucks, I took a chance on what I hoped would be a similar beer--Bridgeport India Pale Ale. I was not disappointed...pleasantly (but not overly) bitter, relatively light ABV (5.5%, not too stiff for an IPA), and with a citrus flavor reminiscent of several of the Americal Pale Ales (including but not necessarily limited to IPAs) I've favored lately.

Oh, and while not exactly cheap, the Bridgeport IPA sixer was still several dollars cheaper than Dogfish Head's.

Cheers, Oregon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bridgeport is the good stuff. I like to buy as close to home as well (like Schlafly's), but the Bridgeport IPA is a fantastic beer.