Wednesday, March 24, 2010

WTF

"Wilco Tango Foxtrot" beer, that is.

Relevance to me: (1) It's a limited-release ale from the Lagunitas brewery in Petaluma, Calif, which happens to be just north of SF/Oakland, which we'll be visiting (God willing) this summer for my wife's sister's wedding. (2) I love the band Wilco. While I realize that Tango and Foxtrot were part of the NATO phonetic alphabet well before the genesis of Wilco (the band), I'm pretty sure that the inclusion of Wilco rather than the standard Whiskey (as well as the Foxtrot) represents a not-so-oblique nod to the band. (Duh.) (3) I have, more than once, listened to Wilco while drinking beer. Just for the record.

I have put in a request with Mandy (my sister-in-law) to pick one of these up for me before our arrival in June.

Relevance to beer: Need I say it goes without saying?

Relevance to running: (1) After kicking his addiction to painkillers, Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy got in shape by running 4 or 5 miles several times per week. (2) Wilco's "Heavy Metal Drummer" is a great "pick-me-up" headphone song during races.

Running log for today: About 7 miles through the neighborhood before work this morning...some residual soreness from my Monday long run, but nothing worrisome.

Beer log for today: None (fasting day)

No comments: