Friday, June 18, 2010

The Beer Is Here!



I just received an email notice from Joe's Wines and Spirits that my monthly Beer Nutz Beer Club selections were in.

For those in Memphis who don't know, membership the club is a flat $15/month and entitles the member to a new selection of big beers the third Friday of every month. The catch is that you do not know in advance which beers you'll get; the good news, though, is that you'll sometimes get more than fifteen dollars' worth of beer.

This month, I'll receive two BrewDog Paradox whisky cask aged imperial stouts: the Isle of Arran and the Smokehead. I'm looking forward to what will be my first taste of Brewdog Paradox beers.

As a bonus, Joe's is holding a bottle of the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Charlie, Fred & Ken's Bock Imperial Helles Bock for me (thanks, guys!).

Running log: After extolling the virtues of getting back outside on Tuesday, I grudgingly returned to the Y treadmill Wednesday and yesterday. It's really, really, really hot out there. Really.
Wednesday: 3 miles (+30 min other cardio)
Yesterday: 6 miles

Beer log:
Tuesday: McSorley's Irish Black Lager after dinner.

No comments: