Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Running Fast

Several weeks ago, I promised my muscles and joints that I'd soon give them a full week's break from running. That week has arrived. My goal is to continue to ride my bicycle and work out on the elliptical machine and StairMaster at the Y as much as I can this week, but I'm not planning to run again till this coming Sunday.

To my Achilles tendons and left hip, I say, "You're welcome."

The running fast may or may not be accompanied by a similar beer fast; the beer fast will most likely occur next week, when my Dad (of the Teetotalling Twombly subgroup) will be in town. Blood is thicker than ale...even stout.

Evening update: No beer fast this week! I enjoyed two New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ales during trivia at the P&H (3rd place this week--let's hear it for the San Juan Brigade!). I'd had a bottle of 1554 a couple of years ago and was underwhelmed by it--it seemed a little dry and even flat. On tap, however...ahh. Not sweet but not too bitter, its rich, full flavor persisted from first sip to aftertaste. I'm glad I gave this one a second chance.

No comments: